C3: Clear Concise Communication
Why does concise communication matter?
Take a moment, think about all of the people in your workplace. Your employees, co-workers, boss and other people with whom you rarely—if ever—interact. Each of those people brings a different personality, learning capacity and communication style to the table.
The people around you have led different lives, and their experiences have prompted
them to form biases, preconceived ideas and assumptions. Furthermore, they will interpret situations differently.
Because of that, you can say the exact same thing to three different people, and each
could potentially—and often does—walk away with a totally different understanding of
what you said.
However, with an effective communication strategy, your team can excel. You and your
employees can work together to reach—and even exceed—your goals. And people can be
happy at work. C3
: Clear Concise Communication presents you with that strategy. With it,
you will learn how to communicate in a direct manner—across all channels—that will ensure that you get the results you want while you avoid the communication pitfalls that can
wreak havoc in the workplace.
This multimedia resource includes:
- 17-minute video, Am I Making Myself Clear? Get Your Point Across Whenever You Communicate, with a companion Trainer’s Guide and Viewer’s Guide
- 60-minute audio conference presentation, Screw the Elephants in the Room: Straight Talk in the Workplace
- 66-page workbook stuffed full of best practices, guides, tips, quizzes, and more
- Customizable, Print-Ready Forms CD trainers and trainees can reference again and again
Section 1: Get Results When You Communicate
You can talk until you are blue in the face, using
the most eloquent speech and captivating style. However, if you can’t move people to produce the results you want and expect, it’s all for naught. In this section, you’ll learn the basics of communicating in a clear, concise fashion.
Discover how to:
- Communicate effectively in any situation.
- Improve employee performance.
- Give instructions that produce correct results.
- Gain buy-in from others.
Section 2: Overcome Communication
In this politically corrected world we live in, where people are overly concerned
about offending someone with their words, direct communication isn’t always easy to come by. Managers beat around the bush to avoid hurting employees’ feelings. Co-
workers allow their anger to fester rather than openly address an issue and risk a confrontation. Employees don’t voice their apprehensions for fear of upsetting the boss.
A result, misunderstandings, mistakes, confusion, anger and resentment take hold and
This section, presented in audio conference format by Linda Finkle, CEO of Incedo
Group, builds on what you learned in Section 1 and provides you with a process for committing to open and direct communication and for encouraging your people to do the
same. You’ll learn to:
- Find the responsibility level of the sender and the receiver.
- Identify barriers that interrupt communication
- Improve listening skills.
- Break bad habits that have impeded successful
- Knock down barriers so you rely on the team.
- Assess needs quickly in order to improve responsiveness.
- Feel comfortable responding to unexpected situations.
- Answer questions with authority.
In addition, you will find supporting information that will allow you to incorporate Linda’s message into your daily interactions at work.
Section 3: C3 in Any Situation
In the first two sections of this binder, you'll
learn a precise, direct approach to communication
so that you can get your point across and get the results you want.
In this section, you’ll learn how to apply that advice
to specific situations, ensuring that you make the
most of the many communication opportunities
available to you at work.
Click here to view the Table of Contents.