Hire Exceptional Employees:
A Process for Recruiting Top Talent
Why Is Hiring Exceptional Employees So Important?
Hiring the wrong person wastes money.
Hiring the wrong person damages the team.
Hiring the wrong person hurts business.
Hiring the wrong person drains your time.
Hiring the right person is a challenging process, and it is one that you can’t take lightly. It goes way beyond interviewing a bunch of people and making a snap decision. That could get you into trouble—trouble that could take months or even years to resolve. Unfortunately, rarely does a manager have the luxury of time. You’re probably being pressured by your supervisor or your employees who are asking you “Have you found someone to fill this opening yet?” You might feel the pressure to solve the problem—right now.
Don’t succumb to the pressure. You have to do this right. You have to hire someone who can fill the position, who is capable and who fits in the culture of your organization. This training tool will guide you to do that.
Hire Exceptional Employees: A Process for Recruiting Top Talent offers you a simple and easy-to-follow plan for finding and hiring the best person for the job. Commit to the process to ensure that you don’t make another bad hiring decision.
This training kit includes the following:
- A 18-minute video, Hiring Secrets: 12 Tips to Get Candidates to Reveal Their True Selves (a $149 value).
- A 60-minute audio conference presentation, Avoiding Bad Hires: Systems for Effective Hiring (a $229 value).
- A 76-page workbook stuffed full of best practices, guides, tips, quizzes and more.
- Dozens of print-ready and customizable forms team leaders and employees can reference again and again.
Section 1: Recruiting Top Talent
You will learn how to:
- Ensure culture and team fit.
- Define key jobs.
- Define the ideal candidate.
- Write a job description and posting.
- Surface top candidates.
- Expand your recruiting efforts.
Section 2: Interviewing Job Candidates
In this section, you learn how to:
- Weed through résumés quickly.
- Conduct phone interviews.
- Determine which candidates to interview.
- Draft interview questions.
- Prompt candidates to reveal their true selves.
Section 3: Change Your Outlook
In this section, presented in audio conference format, Dr. Matthew O’Connell offers you
those tools so that you can avoid the cost of bad hires. You will:
- Uncover the true cost of a bad hire.
- Explore hiring trends and the impact of the current economy on the job market.
- Discuss the projected workforce shortage and how to adapt your hiring process to deal
with increased competition for top performers.
- Identify the types of available hiring tools.
- Discover the importance of having a system in place rather than just a tool.
- Learn how to spend less time interviewing and still improve your hiring success rate.
- Discuss the specific hiring tools that are being used by “benchmark” organizations to
ensure success: tests, simulations and inventories.
- Review sample systems for different jobs or position levels.
Click here to view the Table of Contents.