Retaining Great Employees
Adding new employees to your team can be a very positive experience. New hires are sources
of fresh ideas and often offer innovative approaches to how you work. They can breathe life
into a stagnant team and prompt other teammates to work harder. That said, if you’re stuck
in a revolving door of turnover, the negatives far outweigh the positives of bringing new
people on board.
You likely are familiar with at least some of the downsides of high turnover. Among those:
- It’s expensive.
- It kills productivity.
- It damages morale.
- It causes a ripple effect.
- It hurts business.
Those problems typically come up when people discuss turnover. The focus is almost always
on how it hurts organizations. What people don’t talk about enough is what it feels like for
a manager—you—to lose an employee. It’s a pain.
As a manager, so much is under your control. Even when your organization doesn’t offer
the highest salary, lavish perks or over-the-top benefits, you can keep your best employees
on board simply by being a great supervisor. In Retaining Great Employees: Tactics for
Hanging On to Your Best Talent, you’ll learn steps that you—the manager—can take to ensure
that your employees are engaged, happy and in it for the long haul.
- A 60-minute audio conference presentation, Building a Magnetic Culture: How to Attract Top Employees, Engage Them, and Make Them Want to Stay.
- A 60-page workbook stuffed full of best practices, guides, tips, quizzes and more.
- Dozens of print-ready and customizable forms that team leaders and employees can reference again and again.
This product contains the following sections:
Part 1: Overhaul Your Culture
In this section, you’ll learn how to right the
wrongs in your department and make necessary
changes to drastically improve the work
environment. Follow this advice and you will
foster a culture of trust, loyalty and satisfaction,
and you will drastically increase the happiness
among your staff. Creating that type of work
environment is the first step to keeping your
top talent on board.
Discover how to:
- Draft a team mission statement.
- Build pride among employees.
- Ignite employees’ passion.
- Make employees accountable for their work.
- Open communication with employees.
- Motivate employees to do their best work.
- Make work fun.
Part 2: Focus on the Employee
While teamwork and the overall culture of your department
are critical to retention, you need to also home in
on individuals, address concerns, correct performance
and make improvements as needed.
In this section, you will learn how to:
- Assess employee job satisfaction.
- Ensure job fit.
- Provide growth opportunities.
- Set reasonable workloads.
- Establish clear goals.
- Keep employees happy.
- Provide effective feedback.
Click here to view the Table of Contents.