"Going Green" -
How EH&S and Human Resource Professionals Can Navigate a Successful Career in this New Arena
Executives in every field are learning a new language as they determine what they will need to do to reduce their carbon footprint from business operations. Are you ready to work on the team in your company that is aligning this with your corporate strategy? Are your programs and processes ready to be discussed in executive sessions and in the corporate boardroom?
Companies are defining their responsibilities beyond their investors and employees to include a broader Corporate Social Responsibility for people and the environment. Global warming is a factor as companies look to establish a baseline for greenhouse gas emissions while working with their executive team and market leaders to communicate their vision for the future.
Your expertise is a valuable contribution to these discussions. Learn what has been happening in this new and emerging field from sought after experts:
- Learn how EH&S experts are working with companies to establish "green strategies" in manufacturing, hospitality, insurance and many more global industries.
- Get best practices developed from large scale events - MGM Mirage's conference business and Live Events concert on 07-07-07.
- Understand the risk involved in "going green" and how to manage customer and employee expectations.
- Gain an overview of current United States voluntary and state regulations related to carbon management.
- Discover the resources needed to navigate in the "go green" global economy.
- Frame these principles into the business case for "going green".
- Integrate your practice area into your company's strategies for your executives and their corporate boards.
Fay Feeney, CSP, ARM
Envision Strategic Group
Ms. Feeney contributes to businesses with her expertise in evaluating risk, reducing loss potentials and improving corporate operations. After almost 20 years working with Fortune 100 clients in the Loss Prevention & Engineering department of Travelers Insurance, Fay launched Envision Strategic Group to provide Risk Management and Human Resource services to businesses wanting to enhance their operational excellence and actively manage their business risk. Her practice includes worldwide manufacturers, arts & entertainment, hospitality & golf industries.
Feeney has led projects on business continuity planning, certifications in ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001, ergonomic improvement processes, production safety management and OSHA compliance assistance. In addition, Ms. Feeney helps assess and enhance their environmental (green) stewardship and social responsibility governance processes. Ms. Feeney works on improving risk management processes from the Boardroom to the loading dock. Her focus is on operational improvements to reduce risk and increase profitability. A manufacturing client saw workers' compensation losses reduced from $1.5M to $20K in three years. An office client had their insurance costs reduced over $200,000 in one year by introducing an ergonomic improvement process.
For the past twenty five years Fay has served in volunteer leadership for the American Society of Safety Engineers, including chair of the Public Relations and co-founder of the Hospitality Branch. She is a Legacy Foundation donor for the ASSE Foundation. She also serves as Chair for Housing & Real Estate for the Alcott Center for Mental Health Services. Ms. Feeney is on the advisory committee for Boardroom Bound, an organization dedicated to promoting diversity candidate for corporate board appointments.
Fay received her B.S. in Health Sciences & Safety from San Diego State University. She is a Certified Safety Professional and holds an Associate in Risk Management from the Insurance Institute of America. Ms. Feeney graduated in 2007 from the UCLA/NAWBO LA PEAK Leadership Academy.
William H. Barbarow
Fireman's Fund Insurance Company
William has been employed with Fireman's Fund Insurance Company for 36 years, starting as a Trainee in Loss Control and has been coordinating the involvement of Loss Control in the Commercial Middle Marketplace in Hospitality since 2002. He is also a participant with the American Hotel and Lodging Association Loss Prevention Committee.
- (1986-1994) American Insurance Association Services Group, National Workers' Compensation Committee, Chairman (1990-1994)
- (1986-1992) Morris County New Jersey Traffic Safety Committee, Chairman (1988-1992)
- (1978 to present) American Society of Safety Engineers
- (1983) Chairman of the Westchester Section of the New York Chapter
- (1992 President) Elect New Jersey Chapter
- (1998) President Orange Coast Chapter
- (2002 to present) Member of the board on the Hospitality Branch
- (2004, 2006, 2007) Technical presenter at their National Professional Development Conference
Degrees & Designations:
- Certified Safety Professional in Management Aspects 1982
- Associate in Loss Control Management 1988
- BS Degree in Chemistry, University of Maine, Orono 1972
CEO / President
With over 23 years of experience, James has an extensive background in the field of Safety & Health. James is currently CEO / President of Boretti, Inc., an integrated safety solutions firm. He has successfully consulted with a wide range of clients and industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, television, construction and agricultural environments. His efforts have resulted in improved operational efficiency, lowered insurance rates, reduced claims frequency, and OSHA compliance.
James is a frequent speaker for clients and professional organizations. He has spoken for groups such as the American Society of Safety Engineers, Regional Environmental Business Resource & Assistance Center, Institute of Industrial Engineers, the Safety & Health Management Society, and the Society of Human Resources Management. He taught safety courses for the California Office of Risk & Insurance Management and the University of California, Irvine.
James is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a Professional Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), a member of the Council on Professional Affairs (CoPA) and Business of Safety Committee (BoSC).
Timothy E. Jones, MPA, CSP, REHS
Executive Director of Safety and Health
Tim Jones is the Executive Director of Safety and Health for the MGM MIRAGE. He has been with the Corporation since November of 1999. He is responsible for the organization wide safety program protecting 300,000 daily hotel guests, 75,000 employees, and multiple sub-contractors. This includes 27 properties worldwide with entertainment operations including casino, hotel, restaurant, retail, arena convention center and theater facilities.
Prior to his work at MGM MIRAGE he was the Coordinator of Occupational Safety and Health Services for 21 years at Employers Insurance Company of Nevada (EICN) in the JHC Health Center Division. In that capacity he directed safety and health consultation and program development services provided to EICN policyholders, self-insured employers, and the public.
Mr. Jones earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Colorado. He earned his Masters degree in Public Administration from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Mr. Jones is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in Comprehensive Practice through the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- Audio Conference CD Only: $229.00 (includes S&H)