Black Belt Negotiating Skills for Meeting Planners
Did you ever notice that compared to the rest of the world, we Americans tend to be relative poor negotiators. We walk into stores and pay whatever is asked. In other countries they would never consider doing such a crazy thing! Asians and people from other negotiating cultures never pay full price for anything.
As a meeting planner, your negotiating skills must be fine tuned in order secure the best deal for your event or company. Join us for a 90-minute audio conference as martial artist and master negotiator, Michael Soon Lee, will reveal the secrets of how to haggle more effectively in your professional as well as personal life using ancient Asian martial arts principles.
- Negotiate without fear of rejection or disappointment.
- Identify opportunities to obtain valuable information before a contest begins.
- Recognize the similarities between martial arts and negotiating and to utilize leverage, focus and power when bargaining.
- Develop time pressures for an opponent that gives an advantage at the negotiating table.
- Implement specific techniques that can overcome impasses and break deadlocks.
Michael Soon Lee
Michael Soon Lee, MBA, has negotiated everything from multi-million dollar real estate transactions to motion picture deals and even discounts on gas for his car. He is a professional speaker and author who has presented this program to thousands of people over the past 15 years.
- This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification points and .15 initial application points toward CMP Certification through the Convention Industry Council (CIC). For more information about CMP certification or recertification, please visit the CIC homepage.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes
If you have problems registering online, or have any questions, please call our customer service department